Art and Design
What is Art & Design?
Art, craft and design embody some of the highest forms of human creativity. A high-quality art and design education should engage, inspire and challenge pupils, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art, craft and design. As pupils progress, they will be able to think critically and develop a more rigorous understanding of art and design. They should also know how art and design both reflect and shape our history, and contribute to the culture, creativity and wealth of our nation. At our school this means providing our pupils not only with the opportunity to learn about and participate in all aspects of Art and Design, but also providing them with the platform from which to be creative, to express themselves, find success and share these experiences, talents and abilities.
- Produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences;
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques;
- Evaluate and analyse creative works using the language of art, craft and design;
- Know about great artists, craft makers and designers, and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms;
- To work with a wide range of artists to put into practice skills such as drawing, painting, sculpting, printing and many more art and design techniques.